A leading technology and engineering services business that designs and manufactures bespoke battery systems for next generation aerospace applications is currently looking to recruit a Senior BMS System Engineer. The successful applicant will be responsible for requirements capture for development lifecycle of a Battery Management System (BMS). Initially the role will focus on development of a BMS and supporting the development of a certifiable system. There are several project phases before full product certification is required.
The Senior BMS System Engineer will:
- Record BMS system requirements
- Project plan delivery of prototype BMS on route to a fully certified BMS
- Plan and take part in testing required for certification
- Work with embedded engineer and electronics engineer to deliver certified BMS
The successful Senior BMS System Engineer will have:
- Engineering Degree in related discipline
- Ability to manage projects
- Experience in designing a High Voltage Battery Management System (BMS)
- Relevant HV battery and vehicle/aircraft electrical powertrain experience
- Strong knowledge of ARP 4754, DO-254 and DO-178C (Aerospace electronic hardware development lifecycle) and or ISO26262 automotive equivalent
- Experience in Atlassian tool chain is advantageous.
- Membership of an industry related professional body is advantageous but not essential
- Strong knowledge of aerospace Design Assurance Levels (DAL), or Automotive Safety Integrity Levels (ASIL)
- Knowledge of battery test standards and regulations such as DO-311A, and UN 38.3 is advantageous but not essential